Friday, August 27, 2004

Bush Admits Iraq 'Miscalculations' in Times Interview

Politics News Article | Reuters.com: "In an interview published on Friday in USA Today, Bush said that Americans will re-elect him to a second term even if they disagree with his decision to invade Iraq.

Bush said voters 'know who I am and I believe they're comfortable with the fact that they know I'm not going to shift principles or shift positions based upon polls and focus groups.'"


He's not?

"Time is running out on Saddam Hussein. He must disarm. I'm sick and tired of the games and deception. And that's my view of timetables." -George W. Bush, 2003-Jan-14, on the necessity of forcefully disarming Iraq

"I don't think you give timelines to dictators and tyrants. I think it's important for us to continue to lead coalitions that are firm and strong." -George W. Bush, 2004-Aug-26, on the necessity of forcefully disarming Iran and North Korea

Perhaps voters will take comfort from the knowledge that Bush is perfectly able to shift positions without any need to consult polls and focus groups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home