Monday, July 02, 2007

An Important Investigation

Bush Commutes Libby Prison Sentence - 2 Jul 2007 at 6:19pm - President Bush commuted the sentence of former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby on Monday, sparing him from a 2 1/2-year prison term that Bush said was excessive.
"It's a criminal investigation. It is an important investigation. I'd like to know if somebody in my White House did leak sensitive information. As you know, I've been outspoken on leaks. And whether they happened in the White House, or happened in the administration, or happened on Capitol Hill, it is a -- they can be very damaging. And so this investigation is ongoing and -- by professionals who do this for a living, and I hope they -- I'd like to know. -President Bush, when pressed in a 2003-Oct-10 press conference to say if he remained eager to find out whether somebody in the White House leaked the identity of undercover CIA agent Valerie Plame.

It seems time to ask Mr. Bush again how important he considers the leak investigation to have been.


Technorati tags:
, ,

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home