Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Open Letter To Senator Schumer

The Honorable Charles E. Schumer,
United States Senate

Dear Senator Schumer,

I'm disappointed by your vote in the Judiciary Committee on the Mukasey nomination, Senator. I think you know very well there are better potential Attorneys General out there. I believe generally in the concept of presidential prerogative where appointments are concerned, but George W. Bush hasn't earned it by virtue of his nominee choices -- and in his stubbornness in letting Alberto Gonzales go, he has proven himself especially in need of the Senate's guidance as provided through the confirmation process. I trust Mukasey isn't the nominee you thought him to be when you recommended him; I'm certain Mukasey is the nominee Bush hoped for.

Sincerely,

Dan

1 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home